Searching...
Thursday, January 23, 2020

Duterte to decline invitation to attend US-Asean summit

11:05 PM


MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte said he will decline the invitation of US President Donald Trump to attend the US-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit to be held in Las Vegas this March.

In an interview with Russian international television network RT, the President shared he also declined to go there when he was previously invited by former US President Barrack Obama.

The President recalled the time when Obama criticized his administration’s war against illegal drugs.
Palace spokesman Salvador Panelo earlier said the President is still pondering on whether he would accept Trump’s invitation, saying Duterte is mindful of possibly getting denied entry to the US and making some US senators “unhappy” upon seeing him there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment